Check out this new opportunity just added to the AME database of apprenticeship openings.
American Mountain Supply (AMS) manufactures high quality soft goods for the hunting and shooting industries. AMS has manufactured outdoor gear 100% in America for over 35 years. The production facility operates in the shadow of Longs Peak, in Longmont Colorado.
AMS is seeking someone to fill the position of Sewing Production Leader, working as part of the sewing staff and quickly grow into a position of leadership within the sewing department. With company sales increasing at a rapid rate, production needs are expanding, and it’s an exciting time to join the company!
Characteristics needed for this position:
- At least 18 years old
- Sewing experience
- Interest in becoming master sewer or seamstress
- Ability to learn and operate industrial sewing machines, sergers, hot knife, fabric drill, and straight cutting knife machines
- Skill or interest in speaking Spanish would be useful (most production staff speak a little English but primarily Spanish)
- Aptitude for leadership
- Comfortable in an environment that works around firearms
This position includes vacation, sick, and overtime pay. It’s intended to be long-term to allow the apprentice to grow in their career as the company grows.
- Learning about the shooting industry
- Meeting other industry professionals
- Attending trade shows (travel and expenses paid) to represent the AMS brand
- Working alongside and learning from sewers who have 25+ years of experience in sewing and busines
Projects may include:
- Designing new products
- Creating marketing materials
- Coordinating social media
- Layout of the warehouse
- Customer service and sales efforts
- Shipping products
- Cutting material
- Designing trade show booths
- Taking product photos
- Participating in team building lunches
- and more!