The newest “Business in a Box” class – Brand new from AME via permanent streaming access
“Residential Real Estate- “Property Management as a Business”, “Fix and Flip (the real story)” and “Acquire, Reposition, Retain”
Taught by entrepreneurs and real estate investors/owners Mike Cheney and Don Nelson.
Mike and Don will walk you step by step through the real story about fix and flips, buy and hold strategies, and managing properties for yourself and others. The class contains 8 modules (a total of more than 14 hours) including how to begin, deciding whether the real estate investment or property management business is for you, tenant issues and resolutions, how to locate properties, the steps to building your business, administration, bookkeeping, how far to improve properties for the greatest return and the first 10 steps t get started. Watch and listen in on strategy and work out sessions of actual property scenarios. The class was recorded live and then edited for distribution.
- 8 modules containing 14 hours of content in streaming format with no expiration date and accessible at your convenience. No need to download or use a particular device. Accessible anywhere you have wifi access.
- The class syllabus in PDF download format
- Follow up Q&A via LinkedIn, email and text with Don and Mike on anything covered in the class or other real estate related questions.
Some of the topics covered:
- Fix and Flips-(High Level Business Overview and Getting Started)
- Mock Exercise- Deal analysis
- Operations:Insurance/Legal, Tax Structure, Regulatory, Competition
- Mock Exercise– purchase to exit
- Q&A/Top 10 things to get started
- Property Management as a business- Overview
- Seeking Business (Sales & Marketing)
- What to avoid/Count the cost
- Class Project/Scenario – Real Estate Managers and Owners- dealing with issues and problem tenant scenarios and the new marijuana laws
- Acquire, re position and retain
- Cosmetic, moderate or complete rehab- how far to go for maximum return
- Working IN your business vs working ON your business
- Insurance, Legal, Administrative, Regulatory, Financial, Competition
- Class Project – Increase the rent or retain the tenant- can you do both?
- Q&A, Top 10 things to get started
Purchase Audio/Visual Stream of This Class
You will receive:
- A confirmation email with permanent credentials to login to the Stream Page
- No thumb drives, downloads, or DVD’s to maintain!
- A PDF version of the Syllabus and Notes from the class
After several years in the IT industry, Don realized his gifts were more appropriately aligned with entrepreneurial endeavors. He obtained a Colorado real estate license in 2003 and nearly went bankrupt in his first year as an agent. God used that year to refine his vision and drive him toward real estate investment. In 2004, Don was named “Rookie of the Year” in his Remax office, and closed more deals than most of the more seasoned agents in the office.Don then focused on building a team and driving his business forward. In the next few years Don aligned himself with several prominent real estate investors in the market and mentored under them. He began building additional income streams in the area of commissions, fix-and-flips, and wholesale properties. He also began coaching other investors.
In 2006 Don and his wife, Trish began homeschooling their first son. Don’s vision in real estate was quickly integrated into faith and family. He began including his family in the business and identifying other like-minded families to work with. God gave Don a vision for dominion and Don has since engaged in a biblical pursuit of debt-free living and victory in the financial realm. Since that time, Don has worked to refine God’s vision for dominion in his home, and is and teaching his boys the family business.
To date, Don has sold upwards of three hundred properties between his wholesaling and flipping efforts. He brings a very candid and Christ-centered approach to real estate investment as a family business.
Don works part-time from his home in Buena Vista, Colorado. He manages ongoing flipping projects in Denver, and is in process of authoring a book on his personal journey. He’s also engaged in planting and leading a home fellowship in Buena Vista.
Mike and his wife, Roxie, have been blessed with two children, Annie and Corey, whom they have home educated since birth. They are entrepreneurs and believe in developing multiple streams of income to keep family economies strong, vibrant and able to weather economic difficulties for present needs as well as those of future generations.
In the real estate business since 1975, Mike has been involved with commercial and residential real estate acquisition, management and disposition in Colorado, Texas, New Mexico and Utah. Following a career with large brokerage firms and the largest multi family Real Estate Investment Trust in the nation, he now operates a family real estate business from Elizabeth, Colorado serving clients in the US, Japan and South America.
As the director of the national AME Program and of Family Economics for Generations with Vision, Mike has a passion to share a vision for discipleship in all kinds of businesses. The Cheneys served CHEC as Conference Coordinators for 11 years and Mike served as CHEC’s Operations Director for 10 years. He is a founder and teaching elder at Covenant Love Fellowship Church in Parker, Colorado