AME Australia Conference Audio Presentations
This seminal in-person conference held in Australia during 2019, was the first of it’s kind “down under”. AME Director, entrepreneur, and teacher Mike Cheney guided numerous entrepreneurial families in their current and future endeavors by getting back to the basics of the Bible.
All of these sessions are available for individual or the full conference purchase. Links below for the individual talks.
Full Conference – ALL 10 conference sessions and workshops
NOTE: These audio recordings were produced live at in-person presentations at various venues in the USA and abroad. You may hear some background noise from audience members and their younger family members (including babies!). Thank you for not expecting “studio” quality.
General Session Talk 1 – It’s All About Relationship
Drawing from Genesis 3 and Deuteronomy 6, we learn sin caused tending to become toiling. Then, we put the vision of living Coram Deo into life application.
General Session Talk 2 – The Dominion Principle and The Family Business
Proverbs and Ecclesiastes are the basis for prospering, resources, responsibility, and stewardship. Where is the marriage between vision and application? What do we need in order to get there?
General Session Talk 3 – What Solomon Learned and What We Must Never Forget
Despite having tremendous wisdom and wealth, Solomon fell to his own sinful desires. But, by God’s grace, he eventually realized his error. Researchers tell us fully two-thirds of marriages end in divorce and half of those because of fights over money. So whether you have none, a little, or a lot of money, it’s crucial to find out what the wisest and wealthiest man in history learned AND what we must never forget! Wisdom and wealth are not enough — we can save money but it cannot save us.
Purchase the ALL 3 General session talks in this bundle for only $15.00
AME Event Workshop Talks Audio Recordings
Teaching through his books, One with Everything: Anatomy of a Hot Dog Stand and Other Great Family Businesses, and Money 101: Earn, Give, Save, and Spend, Mike Cheney teaches from first-hand experience on a variety of family businesses, how to launch them, and how to keep them profitable.
Workshop Talk 1 – Big Picture Overview of Entrepreneurship
Using the One with Everything book and companion study guide, and mentorship in the real-life context of working, the major components of building and operating a business are discussed:
- Manufacturing versus service business; which one Mike prefers and why
- Value proposition (why customers should deal with you rather than the guy down the street)
- Find and own the niche in your market (making your product/service highly desirable)
- Start-up and operating capital; growing; and vertical integration
Workshop Talk 2 – Don’t Despise Small Beginnings
Every business has to start small before it can grow into something larger and more profitable:
- You can sabotage your business with the wrong attitude
- If you want your business to be real, treat it like it’s real
Workshop Talk 3 – Business Ideas That Actually Work
Family panel discussion for developing existing or new businesses; what leads to success:
- 24-hour gas station/convenience store in a remote area where none existed before
- Online bookseller also offering web design
- 3D printing/manufacturing; this young entrepreneur was filling 15-20 orders per week only a couple months after starting his business in his parents’ home; it’s gonna be big!
- Vending at festivals, fairs, and other event venues
- Integrating new product lines (ie: useful home accessories, custom music stands) into existing businesses
Workshop Talk 4 – Create Your Business Plan
You’ll learn the basic components for launching your business:
- Name your business; one of the most important marketing decisions you’ll make
- Define your value proposition; make your product or service the best it can be
- Create a marketing plan that is specific, measurable, and achievable
- Gather capital; ensure money lasts long enough to give your business a chance to thrive
- Build your budget using a real-life business owned/operated by a workshop participant
- Manage revenue and expenses; consider expansion opportunities and pitfalls
- Learn best practices; plan day-to-day operations
Workshop Talk 5 – Q&A on Business Nuts & Bolts
Learn from experienced entrepreneurs how to operate your own successful (family) business:
- Entrepreneur versus employee
- Things to consider when transitioning from employee to entrepreneur
- Measuring risk
- Learning and recovering from failure
- What wives want and deserve: their opinions considered, food in the pantry, money in the bank
- What children want and deserve: expectations explained, earnings
Workshop Talk 6 – The Basics of Money for Real Life
A practical walkthrough and discussion of Mike’s second book, Money 101: Earn, Give, Save, Spend; discussion on the first and second concepts of earning and giving for today’s world.
- What money actually is and its purpose
- Stewardship, money, and the passage of time
- Earn as much or more per hour being self-employed as working for others
- Give as part of managing God’s resources
Workshop Talk 7 – Save and Spend
Continuation of walkthrough Money 101, with focus on the third and fourth concepts of saving and spending:
- a family financial legacy and its importance
- responsibility for the future starts now
- the how and why of developing and executing a spending plan
- make your plan specific, measurable, and achievable for sustainability
Purchase the ALL 7 Workshop session talks in this bundle for only $40.00
Or purchase the Full Conference (ALL 10 conference sessions and workshops)